Message Archive for athletic-boosters

Fwd: Officiating Shortage Reaches Crisis Level – All Groups Must Work Together

Sent: Thu Oct 21, 2021 • 11:00 PM PDT
From: Athletic Boosters

Fwd: Officiating Shortage Reaches Crisis Level – All Groups Must Work Together
Please see message below passed on from our Athletic Director, Michelle:

Good Morning All,

Please take a moment to watch this two minute NFHS video regarding officials. We have been talking about the shortage of officials for the last couple of years and this year it is becoming a harsh reality. In case you are not aware we have had to move Football Games, and Volleyball games due to the lack of officials or have a short crew at competitions. We struggled to get in rescheduled Water Polo games if they were not on particular days. https://www.nfhs.org/articles/officiating-shortage-reaches-crisis-level-all-groups-must-work-together?ArtId=562643

With this information I am hoping you will help communicate to other Coaches, Parents, student athletes, and fans about the importance of respecting the officials even when we don't agree with calls they make. We are all human and do our best.

The Student Athlete Leadership Team and Admin have tried to make officials feel welcomed when they come to LAHS by providing: gatorade, cards, thank you posters and snacks. We want officials to come back to LAHS especially if given a choice.

If you know of people who would be interested in officiating they can go to this website to sign up.  http://cifccs.org/officials/index

Feel free to pass this along to other parents, coaches and athletes.  I thank you for your continued support to make Athletics happen for our student-athletes.

Michelle Noeth
Athletic Director