Message Archive for class-2022

Freestyle Academy - what students say

Sent: Sat Jan 30, 2021 • 1:43 PM PST
From: Florendo, Leo

Freestyle Academy - what students say
Freestyle is an option for YOU next year. High School can be a different experience ... testimonials from Freestyle students:
  • I'm really enjoying the classes, it feels fun while still also being productive and educational ~Freestyle Class of 2022 student

  • I've enjoyed academics so much more because of Freestyle. ~Freestyle Class of 2022 student

  • This program is truly one of the best things that have happened to me in my whole life. I love that I've been able to connect with so many wonderful people and artists and finally feel like a fit somewhere. ~Freestyle Class of 2021 student
    2019Day1-2.jpeg

  • It's been a really great experience, virtually has been better compared to regular high school courses, Freestyle is a much needed break from other hs classes. I really appreciate the teachers making class manageable and fun. I miss being on campus but I can still feel the Freestyle community.  ~Freestyle Class of 2021 student

  • Freestyle is the reason I started to make videos and actually go out and shoot things with my camera. The resources that Freestyle provided for me are limitless, especially with my family's financial situation, we definitely wouldn't have been able to afford any of the cameras, Adobe products, etc. And because of me doing projects and working for other artists, I was able to make money for myself to pay for my college. ~Freestyle Class of 2020 student
    2019Day1-1.jpeg

  • Before Freestyle, I never cared about school. I would just do the bare minimum to pass my classes. But when I joined, I realized I'd be wasting an amazing opportunity if I didn't try. I worked harder here than I've ever worked in my life. Without Freestyle, I honestly don't know where I'd be. I've wanted to go to Freestyle since the 8th grade, and I'm so thankful for it. ~Freestyle Class of 2020 student

  • Joining Freestyle was the best decision I've ever made for myself academically. Freestyle's environment really helped me remember why I enjoyed school so much before I went to a comprehensive school. Freestyle introduced me to so many new people with like minded interests and I really found my community here. I'm so so so happy that I got to participate in such a unique and fun program where people genuinely care about the work they produce. ~Freestyle Class of 2019 student

  • Freestyle is a program which has offered me a far greater value than any other academic community. Two years ago I came with a vision of the person I wanted to be and now I can proudly say that I have made immense progress. To not credit Freestyle for part of this growth would be insane and as a result I have no choice but to thank Freestyle and the wonderful community it provided me with. ~Freestyle Class of 2019 student

  • When I came to Freestyle, the only background experience I had was in making little YouTube videos (covers, music videos, travel videos), and they didn't really have much meaning. Coming to Freestyle taught me that the videos I make can mean something... and the work in general that I make can mean something. Most importantly, I've learned my love for producing. I like making and/or creating things for myself and others because sharing something that once came from my head and turned into something real is the most satisfying feeling ever– it's very personal and organic and special because it's a little reflection of me that might last in this world longer than I will (wow this is getting existential), and it gives me a sense of purpose. Working at Freestyle is also like a DIY legacy because you choose what you want people to see and remember of you. ~Freestyle Class of 2018 student
    2019Day1-3.jpeg

  • Freestyle truly saved my life going through high school. I was participating in tons of classes I had no interest in, doing hours of work for a letter grade that was virtually meaningless to me. Once I got accepted to Freestyle, I had so much more fun in school learning skills to create and do what I love. In Freestyle, school no longer seemed like a chore. ~Freestyle Class of 2018 student

  • I have loved every second of Freestyle. It has given me tools to create beyond my wildest dreams and has pushed me to use parts of my own creativity that I didn't know I had. It has given me a serious maturity with planning that I didn't think I would ever have been able to achieve through regular high school. Without Freestyle I don't even think I would have been able to have the courage and time to pursue music the way I have these past couple of years. ~Freestyle Class of 2018 student
    2018 Freestyle Day 1 - 05.jpg

  • More testimonials https://freestyleacademy.rocks/testimonials

  • Online application due by February 12, 2021 through https://freestyleacademy.rocks/apply
More info
Thank you,
Freestyle Academy Staff

The elist manager approves all messages, including messages from Freestyle Academy, prior to being sent out.
Freestyle Academy is part of the MVLA Union High School District – see https://freestyleacademy.rocks/about. Students at LAHS and MVHS are also students at Freestyle Academy. This message is sent to student/parent elists provided by the district to celebrate their accomplishments just like any other program within the district. Freestyle Academy is NOT an external school spamming these elists.