Message Archive for hockey

LA Field Hockey: Summer Training Information

Sent: Wed Jun 9, 2021 • 2:08 PM PDT
From: Maggie Evans

LA Field Hockey: Summer Training Information
Hello LAHS Field Hockey!

After a short break, it's time to jump back into field hockey with our summer sessions.  We're starting these sessions on Monday June 14

These summer sessions are optional, but are a great way to stay in shape, or get back in shape, for our Fall season. New players are welcome to join, we'll teach you how to play. Returning players, you know what a difference it makes for your season to participate, so we really encourage you to come when you can! We're excited that this summer we'll be able to have a little bit of normalcy, and we'll be able to be open to anyone who wants to join, no cohorts! We'll still be taking Covid precautions, but attendance will be able to be much more flexible than last summer.

Schedule:
Monday & Wednesday 7:30 to 9:30 am these morning sessions will be focused on fitness with some hockey skills mixed in
Tuesday 4 to 6 PM this afternoon session will be mostly hockey with a little bit of fitness

We always strive to start right on time! So please be at the field (all sessions will be on the turf stadium field) a few minutes early so that you're ready to warm up right away.
If you don't have any field hockey experience but you'd like to try out this fall please feel free to participate this summer! We'll teach you how to play and lend you gear for the summer.

Gear:
every session you must bring:
  • moldable mouth guard
  • hand sanitizer
  • running shoes
  • face mask
  • water (bring two full bottles! there will not be any where to refill at the field)
  • shinguards*
  • field hockey stick*
  • reversible pinnie*

*if you don't own these items the program can lend them to you for the summer, just let a coach know at the beginning of practice

Covid Safety:
While things are slowly getting back to normal we will still be taking precautions.
  • We will have players seated 6' apart with their bags for water breaks.
  • All players should bring their own hand sanitizer.
  • All players will wear masks during breaks. You are not required to wear a mask while playing, but it is still preferred.
  • Coaches will wear masks at all times.
  • We will try and minimize close contact, but we will be playing real hockey, with tackling and defense...
  • Coaches will disinfect equipment after each session
  • Players will check in with a QR code in order keep track of who has had contact with who

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Coach Maggie