Message Archive for hockey

Pr cancelled today - Sat 8/28 and practice time changes going forward

Sent: Sat Aug 28, 2021 • 7:10 AM PDT
From: Mary Donahue

Pr cancelled today - Sat 8/28 and practice time changes going forward
HI All-

1) today's practice is cancelled
The air looks nasty (and hasn't changed much over the past couple of hours) and we want to give the girls a rest, so the scheduled varsity practice is cancelled for this morning.

We will have practice on Monday, smoke or not. If it's bad air, we will do walk throughs or a white board session for game positions, situation, etc.

2) Changes to practice schedule going forward
We have decided to slightly alter our practice schedule to better suit the kids' busy schedules.

Here is our REVISED weekly practice schedule:

  • Mondays: practice is 4-6:25pm:  4-6pm FH on the turf, 6-6:25 plyos/stretch

  • Tuesdays: practice is 5:45-8pm:   5:45 warmup by shed, 6-8pm on the turf

  • Wednesdays: practice is 3:30-5:45pm on the turf

  • Thursdays: practice is 5:45-8pm:   5:45 warmup by shed, 6-8pm on the turf

  • Fridays: practice is 3:30-5:45pm or 6-8pm: we will alternate afternoons each week w/football
    Since we now have lights, football games will be on Fridays, so we will be holding different types of practices on home football game days. More details to come.

  • Saturdays: practice is 8-10am on the turf

Remember - once we start out League games, ALL Tuesdays and Thrusdays will be game days.

Any questions, just let us. know.
Enjoy the weekend!

--
Go Eagles!
Coach Mary

Mary Donahue
Head Coach, Los Altos HS Field Hockey
Program Director, SJ Fly Field Hockey Club
408-718-9287